Haryana: Two gangrape accused commit suicide
Sandeep, 24, and Sunil, 25, were booked by police for gangraping a 30-year-old married woman belonging to the Dalit community.
Rohtak: Two youth accused of allegedly gangraping a Dalit woman in Haryana committed suicide by jumping before a moving train on the Rohtak-Delhi line on Friday, police said in Rohtak. The duo, identified as Sandeep, 24, and Sunil, 25, of Ajayab village in this district, along with three others were booked by the Meham police on Thursday evening on charge of committing gangrape with a 30-year-old married woman belonging to the Dalit community.
Police officials said that the alleged gangrape took place on Wednesday night in Ajayab village. "We had received information in the early hours that two youths had ended their lives by jumping before a moving train near Kanheli village. The youths were later identified as Sandeep and Sunil through their mobile phones. No suicide note was recovered from their pockets," Ashok Kumar, a Government Railway Police (GRP) official, said.
Earlier, the victim in her complaint lodged with the Meham police station, had alleged that two people, identified as Kala and Fouji, along with their three friends, had barged into her house late Wednesday night when she was asleep alone. They allegedly raped her and threatened her of dire consequences. Following her complaint, police registered a case of rape.
"During police investigation, the victim said that Sandeep and Sunil were also involved in the crime. Since the woman was traumatised after the incident she hence could not recollect the names of other accused at the time of registration of the case," Rohtak Deputy Superintendent of Police (City) Virender Singh, investigation officer of the case, said. He said that raids were being conducted to arrest the other accused.
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak