Haryana: Woman injured in acid attack by parents
Police said that Hemlata's acquaintance Prakash and his wife Samoora Devi were also injured in the acid attack.
Rewari: A woman was injured when her parents threw acid on her in Rewari, police said on Thursday. Hemlata (26) was injured when her parents Lal Singh and Narayani Devi, along with other relatives threw acid on her, they said.
Hemlata's acquaintance Prakash (35) and his wife Samoora Devi (33) were also injured in the acid attack, they said.
All the three have been admitted to local trauma centre where they were stated to be out of danger, they said.
On Hemlata's statement, a case was registered under various sections of the IPC against the girl's parents, brother Roopesh, sister-in-law Ganga Devi and a relative Bir Singh, they said.
Lal claimed that his daughter was abducted some time ago by Prakash who then kept her as a keep, while Hemlata refuted her father's allegations and said she had been living at Gurgaon and working as a teacher in a school there, they said.
Efforts were on to arrest the five accused, they said.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion