Has Akshay Kumar earned Rs 2000 cr from films?
Fans of Akshay trending the hash tag suggested that he's earned Rs 2000 crore in his lifetime in Hindi cinema.
When on Twitter, do what the rest of the fans do. That was the buzz on the social media tool where fans of Akshay Kumar got the hash tag #Akshay2000crore to trend worldwide for two days, suggesting that actor has earned Rs 2000 crores in his lifetime in Hindi cinema.
Whether there is any truth behind this is not clear, but an emotional Akshay Kumar thanks his fans, whom he fondly referred to as 'Akkians' for starting and sustaining the thread for over 48 hours.
"Honestly blessed to have you all Akkians in my life. Special thanks to my fan clubs who support me so much selflessly time & again. Thank you for the #Akshay2000crore tag only possible coz of you all," he tweeted.
The trend started on February 16 and was taken off only on February 18. It was one of the top trends in India. Akshay is riding on both the box office success and the critical acclaim of his latest film Special 26 that also starred Anupam Kher and Manoj Bajpayee.
The revered Rs 100 crore club - of actors whose movies hit the 100 crore mark at the box office - may soon be a thing of the past if Akshay's news turns out to be true. Rs 2000 crore may just be the next achievable target by Bollywood stars.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands