SC to decide on Hasan Ali bail plea today
Hasan Ali Khan has been accused of money laundering and of holding two forged passports.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court will deliver an order on the Enforcement Directorate's petition seeking cancellation of the bail granted to Hassan Ali Khan who has been accused of money laundering.
A bench of justices Altamas Kabir and SS Nijjar reserved the order on the petition filed by ED challenging the August 12 order of the Bombay High Court granting bail to Khan.
The ED, in its petition, alleged various transactions led by Khan through his foreign bank accounts reveal his association with international arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi. It had alleged that in 2003, 300 million dollars was apparently received by Khan from Khassogi from sale of weapons.
It has been contended that government had sufficient evidence to prove that Khan had several foreign accounts and illegal money to the tune of over $93 million stashed abroad.
Khan is also accused of holding two forged passports and ED has contended granting bail would help him flee from the country.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right