DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Hasan Ali case: ED grills Bihar politician
Amalendu Pandey allegedly helped tax defaulter Hasan Ali Khan procure a passport from Patna.
Mumbai: The Enforcement Directorate on Thursday questioned Bihar politician Amalendu Pandey, who is a All India Congress Committee member, in Mumbai for allegedly helping tax defaulter Hasan Ali Khan procure a passport from Patna.
Pandey is the first politician to be summoned by the Enforcement Directorate in the Hasan Ali Khan money laundering case.
He is also considered to be a close associate of Ali's business associate Kashinath Tapuriah.
His residence in Patna has already been raided by the Enforcement Directorate
The Regional Passport Office in Patna had lodged an FIR in 2010 against Khan for submitting fake residential proof.
In his passport application, Khan had given Pathantoli locality in Alamganj area in Patna as his address and Belsand village in Sitamarhi district as the permanent address, official sources said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet