Hasan Ali's aide remanded to judicial custody
Kashinath Tapuriah, a close aide of Hasan Ali sent was to judicial custody.
Mumbai: Kashinath Tapuriah, an alleged close aide of Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan who is facing money laundering charges, was on Saturday sent to judicial custody after Enforcement Directorate told the local court that it did not need his custody, for now.
Tapuriah was produced before Additional Principal Sessions Judge K P Purohit at latter's residence, as the court was closed on Saturday.
Tapuriah was arrested on March 24 by the ED.
Khan was arrested by the agency for allegedly stashing away huge amounts of black money in banks abroad. He is also facing a Rs 70,000-crore tax demand notice from the Income-Tax department.
The I-T department has also raised a tax demand of Rs 591 crore against Tapuria, and that of Rs 20,540 crore against his wife, Chandrika.
Recommended For You
- Samsung Galaxy S8 vs Samsung Galaxy S8+: What's The Difference?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Johnson Takes Jibe at Kohli, Says Rahane Should Remain Captain
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?