DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Hasan Ali's judicial custody extended till May 7
Hasan Ali is suspected to have stashed away around $8 billion in Swiss bank accounts.
Mumbai: A Mumbai sessions court on Tuesday extended till May 7, the judicial custody of alleged money launderer and tax evader Hasan Ali Khan.
Principal Sessions Judge Sapna Joshi extended his custody while rejecting his bail plea.
Khan was taken into custody by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on March 17 after the Supreme Court cancelled the bail granted to him by a trial court.
On March 21, the apex court had ordered his custody to the ED for an additional three days.
Among other things, Khan is suspected to have stashed away around $8 billion in Swiss bank accounts, transferring cash and assets out of the country through dubious means and evading taxes on income with a suspected liability of over Rs.40,000 crore.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong