DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Chopper deal: Italy demands extradition of Haschke
Haschke was briefly arrested by Swiss authorities in October, 2012 in connection with the probe but he denied any wrongdoing.
Rome: Italian prosecutors have asked for extradition of Swiss resident Guido Haschke who allegedly allege acted as an intermediary for bribes paid to Indian officials to win the 560 million-euro contract for 12 helicopters.
Haschke was briefly arrested by Swiss authorities in October, 2012 in connection with the probe but he denied any wrongdoing. According to reports, the Italian investigators have termed the details found in his computer drives as "Pandora's box" where he has noted details of his appointments, his meetings with Indian intermediaries, in Italy and Lugano and several international transactions including that of Finmeccanica.
These documents are being used by the prosecutors in the Italian court Tribunale de Busto Arsizio to build their case in fixing responsibilities of several accused including former Finmeccanica chief Giuseppe Orsi for allegedly paying Rs 360 crore in kickbacks to bag the Rs 3,600 crore deal, reports in Italian daily Republica suggested.
Recommended For You
- Ssumier Pasricha, Mallika Dua: Meet the Most Viral People on Internet
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO