Hate speech: Akbaruddin's voice recorded, remand extended
Multiple cases have been registered against Akbaruddin for his alleged hate speeches delivered on December, 2012.
Hyderabad: The voice of jailed MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi, facing charges of sedition and waging war against the nation for his alleged "hate speech," was recorded on February 12 in Nizamabad town of Andhra Pradesh even as a court extended his judicial remand till February 26.
On February 5, Nirmal town police had got his voice recorded by Andhra Pradesh Forensic Science Laboratory (APFSL) experts in another alleged hate speech case.
Akbaruddin was brought from Adilabad District Jail, where he has been lodged since January 9, in connection with another "hate speech" case registered at Nirmal town of Adilabad, and produced before the First Additional District
Magistrate (ADM) in Nizamabad town.
Multiple cases have been registered against Akbaruddin for his alleged hate speeches delivered in Nizamabad on December 8 and at Nirmal town of Adilabad on December 22 last year.
Experts from the APFSL conducted voice sample test of Akbaruddin in the court, wherein he was asked to read an Urdu newspaper and some Urdu documents. The court also extended his judicial remand till February 26 in the case.
The recorded voice sample and the footage of the speech in which Akbaruddin allegedly made provocative remarks against a particular community in Nizamabad on December 8 last year will now be sent to CFSL Chandigarh for further verification, a senior police officer told PTI over phone from Nizamabad.
Akbaruddin, the Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen's (MIM) floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, was arrested by Nirmal police from Gandhi Hospital here on January 8. Meanwhile, the counsel of Akbaruddin filed a bail petition in Nizamabad court which is likely to come up for hearing on February 14.
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against UN-Designated Terrorist Outfits
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- India vs New Zealand Live: Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar In As India Opt To Bat
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18