UP: Jilted lover allegedly sets 18-year old on fire
Police say there are many versions of the story and the father of the girl may also have been involved.
Hathras: In yet another shocking crime against women, an 18-year old girl was allegedly set on fire in Uttar Pradesh's Hathras district by her jilted lover. Her family says the 42-year old man barged into her house and set her ablaze with kerosene oil.
The victim has suffered 90 per cent burns and is getting treatment at a hospital. The girl's father also allegedly got burn injuries when he tried to save her. The accused is on the run.
"The girl was home when Arjun (accused) came and set her on fire," said the girl's father. However, the police say they have not been able to establish the real course of the events.
"There are many versions of this story, we are not sure whether the accused (Arjun) or his father (Lekh Raja) set the girl on fire. However, the girl has said that it was Arjun who set her on fire," said the police.
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz
- Indus Treaty: How India Can Use Existing Provisions to Send a Message to Pakistan
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan