'Hawa Bodol' dialect in sync with characters' standings
Bengali actor Rudranil Ghosh says celluloid fiction is not divorced from reality.
Kolkata: Observing the use of some dialect by one character in 'Hawa Bodol' does not look out of place and in sync with the character's standings, popular actor Rudranil Ghosh says celluloid fiction is not divorced from reality.
"I won't say one must liberally sprinkle all commonplace words in a dialogue for contemporariness, but no point in closing our eyes and ears to the happenings around.
If the situation and characters demand and can be made believable with usage of certain words by some character in sync with his mental make-up where lies the wrong," Rudranil, who plays the flamboyant best long-lost buddy of Parambrata in the movie, told PTI here.
"No point in turning hypocrite in this age," Rudranil, playing a go-getter character, and directing his new film 'Sunyo' on terrorism issue, said.
"In Hawa Bodol there are more serious issues like male bonding which is handled deftly and I am happy that the audience shared our vibes and loved our (characters') idiosyncrasies," the 'Chaplin' actor said.
"Yes, the film has a veneer of comedy on the exteriors as we can't afford to be serious in our behaviour always. But beneath that surface, there lies the serious issue of growing up from boy to males," actor-turned-director Parambrata Chatterjee said.
"Hawa Bodol seeks to take a peek into the locker rooms of 30-something males but it deals with broader issues in a serious vein and I have taken and targeted towards a broader audience. It is more in the flow of 'Dil Chata Hai' and '3 Idiots'," the Baishe Srabon and Hemlock Society actor said.
Raima Sen is Parambrata's wife in 'Hawa Bodol', produced by RTC Entertainment and his second directorial work. "He has turned more relaxed as a director. Very patient with whom I enjoy a comfortable chemistry. But once this movie becomes a hit in a week's time he will get more marks as an actor than director from me," Raima said.
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi