As the IPL2 enters the final straight in South Africa, no doubt Matthew Hayden has been the most effective player.
As the 2009 Indian Premier League enters the final straight in South Africa there can be no doubt that Matthew Hayden has been the Twenty20 extravaganza's most effective player. In a format that urges batsmen to take risks at a frenetic rate in the relentless pursuit of glory, consistency over a period of time seems an unachievable dream.
And yet it's something the Chennai Super Kings opener has accomplished in amassing an extraordinary 426 runs from nine matches, averaging 47.33 at a strike rate of 151 runs per 100 balls.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement