Hazare fast: Scribes protest in neck-deep water
KARWAR:Members of the print and electronic media extended their support to Anna Hazare by holding a demonstration in neck-deep wat..
KARWAR:Members of the print and electronic media extended their support to Anna Hazare by holding a demonstration in neck-deep water for an hour on Sunday, holding placards and the national flag.
They moved in circles in the water shouting slogans and also held a meeting in the sea in which every member vowed unstinted support to Hazare.
TB Harikant, president of Karwar Working Journalists Association, said that the agitation signified that the corruption had grown into an ocean in which the countrymen were drowning.
The time is ripe to emerge from this ocean. Senior journalist Chetan Joshi also spoke during the demonstration. Many citizens and Karnataka Rakshana Vedike members joined in the demonstration.
Patanjali Yoga Shibira Samiti members held a token hunger strike in front of the statue of Subhash Chandra Bose and they sang bhajans.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology