DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Hazare's Jantantra Morcha not to contest elections
The anti-corruption activist also said that they are floating a Constitution for the outfit which will be containing a code of conduct to be followed.
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare has said that his newly formed Jantantra Morcha will not float a political party or contest elections. Hazare said the main objective of Jantantra Morcha would be struggle and they would only support good candidates irrespective of their parties.
"Jantantra Morcha will not fight any elections or form a political party. Its main objective would be struggle. We will only support good candidates irrespective of parties. The candidate should be having a strong character, proven record and good reputation," he said in an interview to a news channel.
The anti-corruption activist also said that they are floating a Constitution for the outfit which will be containing a code of conduct to be followed. Hazare also said if former IPS officer Kiran Bedi from his team will contest elections, he will not extend support to her.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users