H'bad clashes: Situation peaceful a day after
Two groups belonging to different communities clashed at Kurmaguda on Sunday after some meat pieces were found near a place of worship in Madannapet.
Hyderabad: The situation in trouble-hit parts of the old city in Hyderabad, remained peaceful on Monday even as indefinite curfew continued for the second day in the communally sensitive Madannapet and Saidabad areas.
"The situation is totally peaceful and there have been no reports of any untoward incident from any part of the communally sensitive old city during night," Deputy Commissioner of Police (South Zone) Manish Kumar Sinha told PTI.
A decision on relaxation or lifting of curfew would be taken later in the day after a review of the situation, he said.
Cases against 15 persons were registered in connection with the communal disturbances, he said. Meanwhile, police has picked up 50-60 persons for questioning since yesterday from different localities after communal violence in the old city, police sources said.
Police continued to keep a strict vigil in the communally sensitive areas and patrolling has been intensified and security has been stepped up around places of worships. The trouble began yesterday when two groups belonging to different communities clashed at Kurmaguda, after some "meat pieces" were found near a place of worship in Madannapet resulting in heavy stone-pelting and brick-batting.
With violence spreading to other areas and the situation slipping out of control, the police had clamped curfew under the limits of Madannapet and Saidabad police station. However, students attending Class 10 and other examinations have been exempted from the curfew. The police announced that the hall tickets of the students would be treated as curfew passes and each student would be allowed to be escorted by one elder.
All exam centres in the curfew-bound areas are functioning amid tight security.
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview