HC adjourns Talwar's petition hearing till Mar 8
The Allahabad High Court adjourned the hearing on a petition by Aarushi Talwar's parents.
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday adjourned till Tuesday the hearing on a petition by Aarushi Talwar's parents, challenging the CBI court order to initiate proceedings against them in the murder case of their teenaged daughter.
Justice Bala Krishna Narayana fixed April 8 as the next date of hearing, following a request from Gopal Chaturvedi, the counsel for the Noida-based dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar.
Chaturvedi had sought "more time" for filing a rejoinder.
Last Tuesday, the CBI and the Uttar Pradesh government had concluded their arguments in response to the petition filed by the Talwars, who contended that the special CBI court at Ghaziabad had decided to initiate proceedings against them despite the fact that the investigating agency had not named them as suspects in its closure report.
However, both the CBI and the state government were of the view that the magistrate concerned had the power to initiate proceedings if he believed that there was sufficient evidence against some person or persons irrespective of the opinion of the investigating officer as expressed in the closure report.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Wayne Rooney Edges Closer to Chinese Super League
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1