HC dismisses petition challenging AIADMK MLA election
Alaguvelu had filed the Secondary School Cumulative Record wherein her caste had been shown as "Hindu Pallan".
Chennai: Madras High Court on Friday dismissed a petition challenging the election of AIADMK candidate from the Kallakurichi (Reserved) constituency in Villupuram district in the 2011 Assembly elections. Justice K Venkataraman dismissed the petition filed by S Chinnadurai, an electorate of the constituency praying for setting aside the election of S Chinnadurai on the grounds that she did not belong to Scheduled Caste community.
Justice Venkataraman in his order observed that while the petitioner has failed to prove his contention with any documentary evidence, the winner established that she belonged to the SC community.
Alaguvelu had filed the Secondary School Cumulative Record wherein her caste had been shown as "Hindu Pallan" and the community certificate also revealed that she belonged to SC community, the judge ruled in his order.
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- Search Operations in Baramulla for the Second Time
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn