DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
HC dismisses petition challenging AIADMK MLA election
Alaguvelu had filed the Secondary School Cumulative Record wherein her caste had been shown as "Hindu Pallan".
Chennai: Madras High Court on Friday dismissed a petition challenging the election of AIADMK candidate from the Kallakurichi (Reserved) constituency in Villupuram district in the 2011 Assembly elections. Justice K Venkataraman dismissed the petition filed by S Chinnadurai, an electorate of the constituency praying for setting aside the election of S Chinnadurai on the grounds that she did not belong to Scheduled Caste community.
Justice Venkataraman in his order observed that while the petitioner has failed to prove his contention with any documentary evidence, the winner established that she belonged to the SC community.
Alaguvelu had filed the Secondary School Cumulative Record wherein her caste had been shown as "Hindu Pallan" and the community certificate also revealed that she belonged to SC community, the judge ruled in his order.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar