DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
HC orders CRPF security for Tarn Taran assault victim
On March 3, 2013, a 22-year-old girl and her father were allegedly thrashed by policemen when they sought action against some persons who teased the girl.
Chandigarh: A day after eight policemen were transferred in connection with the assault of a woman in Tarn Taran, the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Tuesday asked the Centre to provide CRPF security to the victim.
A single-judge bench of Justice Ranjit Singh passed the order on a petition filed by relatives of the victim. The court on Monday ordered immediate transfer of eight police personnel allegedly involved in the ssault case. On March 3, 2013, a 22-year-old girl and her father were allegedly thrashed by policemen when they sought action against some persons who teased the girl and passed vulgar comments in full public view in Tarn Taran district.
The police had arrested two of the accused on March 11, 2013.
Recommended For You
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Champions Trophy 2017: India - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances