HC orders CRPF security for Tarn Taran assault victim
On March 3, 2013, a 22-year-old girl and her father were allegedly thrashed by policemen when they sought action against some persons who teased the girl.
Chandigarh: A day after eight policemen were transferred in connection with the assault of a woman in Tarn Taran, the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Tuesday asked the Centre to provide CRPF security to the victim.
A single-judge bench of Justice Ranjit Singh passed the order on a petition filed by relatives of the victim. The court on Monday ordered immediate transfer of eight police personnel allegedly involved in the ssault case. On March 3, 2013, a 22-year-old girl and her father were allegedly thrashed by policemen when they sought action against some persons who teased the girl and passed vulgar comments in full public view in Tarn Taran district.
The police had arrested two of the accused on March 11, 2013.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show