HC raps Gopichand for running coaching academies
Shuttler Prajakta Sawant had alleged Gopichand of favoritism and responsible for jeopardizing her career.
New Delhi: Hearing the petition filed by shuttler Prajakta Sawant, the Bombay High Court on Monday criticised the national badminton coach Pullela Gopichand for running private academies.
"Ethically, coach who also heads the selection panel should not run a private academy. He may be a good coach. We are not saying otherwise. But in the interest of justice and fairness, a national coach, also part of the selection panel, should not run a private camp," chief justice Mohit Shah and justice A V Mohta said.
Moreover, the Sports Authority of India lawyer also asked for the BAI to be made party to the case saying that Gopichand alone is not responsible for selection as there is a committee that looks after the selection.
Earlier, Sawant had alleged Gopichand of favoritism and responsible for jeopardizing her career by not allowing to attend the national camp. The matter will be heard next on December 19.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology