DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
HC raps Gopichand for running coaching academies
Shuttler Prajakta Sawant had alleged Gopichand of favoritism and responsible for jeopardizing her career.
New Delhi: Hearing the petition filed by shuttler Prajakta Sawant, the Bombay High Court on Monday criticised the national badminton coach Pullela Gopichand for running private academies.
"Ethically, coach who also heads the selection panel should not run a private academy. He may be a good coach. We are not saying otherwise. But in the interest of justice and fairness, a national coach, also part of the selection panel, should not run a private camp," chief justice Mohit Shah and justice A V Mohta said.
Moreover, the Sports Authority of India lawyer also asked for the BAI to be made party to the case saying that Gopichand alone is not responsible for selection as there is a committee that looks after the selection.
Earlier, Sawant had alleged Gopichand of favoritism and responsible for jeopardizing her career by not allowing to attend the national camp. The matter will be heard next on December 19.
Recommended For You
- Sachin A Billion Dreams Review: Ode to Memories of Sachin Tendulkar
- Champions Trophy 2017: Australia - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh