HC seeks Action Taken Report on VSS
CUTTACK: The Odisha High Court on Tuesday sought information from the Government on the steps taken towards fulfilling its promise..
CUTTACK: The Odisha High Court on Tuesday sought information from the Government on the steps taken towards fulfilling its promises on providing adequate security at the VSS Medical along with freeing it of encroachments and unwanted elements.
The division bench comprising Chief Justice V Gopalagowda and Justice BN Mohapatra asked the Government to submit its report on the measures taken to improve the conditions of the medical college and hospital and ensure good working ambience for the doctors and students, by November 29.
The Government had committed to resolve the problems which included campus unification, removal of encroachments, construction of boundary wall and provisioning of adequate security in the campus.
The junior doctors and medical students of VSS Medical and the two other medical colleges at Cuttack and Berhampur had gone on a 14-day strike in September over the demands and protesting the attack on junior doctors by the Burla BJD leader Sisir Dandia.
Acting on a PIL filed by one Gadadhar Sahoo, the HC had directed for imposition prohibitory orders against Dandia and three others restricting their entry into the campus and deployment of police for protection of doctors and students.
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- Steve O'Keefe Hailed As 'Superhero' by Australian Media