Headley identifies Major Iqbal as Chaudhery Khan
Headley said Major Iqbal, his ISI handler, made key decisions and was indeed 26/11 mastermind.
Chicago: US federal prosecutors have presented to a Chicago court additional evidences linking strong connection between David Headley, the Mumbai terror accused, and officials of the Pakistan's spy agency ISI.
Through records of several emails exhibited in the court federal prosecutors established beyond doubt that Headley was in constant contact with ISI officials, in particular Major Iqbal, and his handlers in Pakistan.
In one of the emails to Major Iqbal, said to be an ISI officer, Headley writes to him about the latest spying gadgets.
In this email, Major Iqbal uses the ID of 'Chaudhery Khan'.
Headley told the court that Chaudhery Khan was indeed Major Iqbal.
In this email dated April 23, 2008, Headley sends Chaudhery Khan information on commercially available spy cameras and pen spy cameras.
Deposing before the Chicago Court, Headley conceded that he met Major Iqbal several time before the Mumbai terror attacks during which he issued specific instructions on every step right from establishing an office in Mumbai, to recruiting retired military personnel, making surveillance, giving list of targets and closing the Mumbai office.
Headley told the court that Major Iqbal, his ISI handler, made key decisions and was indeed the mastermind of the plot.
"Major Iqbal told me the Chabad House would be added on whatever list (of targets) there was because it was a front office for the Mossad" - Israel's intelligence agency, Headley said, adding that Major Iqbal "seemed upset the (Mumbai) airport was not included" as a target.
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Indo-Pak matches filled with emotions, Says Pakistan Hockey Coach Khawaja Junaid
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi