Headmaster of tribal residential school rapes class X girl
The accused headmaster, Nakul Sabar, of Ampani Sevashram was also placed under suspension after obtaining permission from higher authorities, District Welfare Officer (DWO) SK Mohammed said.
Bhawanipatna (Odisha): Headmaster of a tribal residential school was arrested for allegedly raping a 10th class girl student in Odisha's Kalahandi district, police said on Monday. The accused headmaster, Nakul Sabar, of Ampani Sevashram was also placed under suspension after obtaining permission from higher authorities, District Welfare Officer (DWO) SK Mohammed said.
The headmaster called the girl to his room located in the ST girl's hostel on November 22 and allegedly raped her forcibly, police said. The girl told her classmates about the incident but nothing could be done as the students were not allowed to go out and the main gate of the Sevashram was locked.
However, villagers came to know about the incident yesterday. They gheraoed the school and the head master was beaten up by the irate mob. The villagers also blocked the NH-201 in protest, they said, adding the head master was arrested later and the girl sent for medical examination.
The villagers attacked the authorities for allowing the accused to stay inside the girl's hostel premises. Such incidences have raised question marks about safety of girl students in the Sevashram and Kanyashrams in the district, they said.
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- US Presidential Debate: Clinton and Trump Spar on Economy and Jobs
- Some Reactions Around the World To First Trump-Clinton Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Why Donald Trump's Sniffles Had Internet Choking
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir