AP: Rains in Machilipatnam, cyclone Helen to hit coast today
A Coast Guard ship from Vishakapatnam has set out now to help rescue 20 fishermen stranded in rough seas near the coast. Navy has been asked to be on standby.
Hyderabad: Barely a month after facing the fury of severe cyclone Phailin, Andhra Pradesh coastline is yet again bracing to face cyclone Helen, expected to make its landfall in Krishna district on Friday afternoon. Weather officials say the cyclonic system is moving at a slow pace and will reach the coast by late afternoon or evening.
A Coast Guard ship from Vishakapatnam has set out now to help rescue 20 fishermen stranded in rough sea near the coast. Navy has been asked to be on standby.
Meanwhile, Machilipatnam and a few other areas along the coast have begun to receive slight showers since Friday morning. The Chief Minister has asked the administration along the coast to remain on high alert, especially in the three districts of Guntur, west Godavari and Krishna.
Wind speeds are expected to be between 75 and 100 kmph. Also, with the sea expected to be rough, fishermen have been asked not to venture in the sea even as NDRF teams have been positioned for rescue operations.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?