Help Dalit entrepreneurs grow: Tata to India Inc
Everyone should help the young entrepreneurs and help them share the prosperity of the country, Tata said.
Mumbai: Tata group Chairman Ratan Tata on Saturday said India Inc should assist small entrepreneurs, especially those from the Dalit community, to become global entrepreneurs.
"We should all assist in letting small enterprises, especially those from the Dalit community, to become big and global enterprises," Tata said.
"Everyone in the country should help the young entrepreneurs and help them share the prosperity of the country," Tata said at a trade fair organised by the Dalit Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industries.
The two-day national trade fair focusing on Dalit entrepreneurs -- first ever -- began yesterday. It is supported by Tata Group, Godrej Group and industry body CII.
The Tata group chairman also said the corporate India should use products manufactured by small enterprises and also help them increase their exports.
"I am happy to endorse and support the cause of the Dalit entrepreneurs," Tata added.
Godrej Group chairman Adi Godrej had yesterday appealed to the corporate India to help Dalit entrepreneurs as a part of the corporate social responsibility.
Nearly 200 Dalit entrepreneurs from Maharashtra, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Tamil Nadu have participated in the trade fair.
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
- Belkin Launches Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Apple iPhone 7, 7 Plus at Rs 2,299
- Indo-Pak matches filled with emotions, Says Pakistan Hockey Coach Khawaja Junaid
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan Likely to Announce Name of New Army Chief in a Week
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District