'Can't have friendship, enmity with Pak at the same time'
The wife of the slain soldier has been on a hunger strike for the past four days demanding the remains of her husband.
Mathura: While repeated reports of firing at the India-Pakistan border continue, battling on another front is the wife of mutilated soldier Lane Naik Hemraj Singh. She has been on a hunger strike for the past four days demanding the remains of her husband.
Angry villagers say the sacrifice of their son isn't being respected by the administration. Lance Naik Singh's family wants the Indian government to take action. "We don't want money, we want Hemraj's head returned to us. Why is India playing cricket with Pakistan? We can't have friendship and enmity at the same time. Why doesn't India take action," questioned Singh's relative Bhagwan Singh.
The wife of the deceased soldier was on Sunday put on a drip after her health deteriorated following the hunger strike she is holding, along with her family, in Mathura. The family said it will not break it fast till the government brings back the head of the martyr.
Singh and Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh were killed on the border in Poonch last week, an attack which has resulted in the outbreak of one of the worst violence across the India-Pakistan border since the two neighbours declared ceasefire.
The family cremated the body of the martyred soldier on Saturday, but his wife and mother have said they will not rest till they get back all his remains along with his severed head. The soldier's village is tense with angry residents asking the government to give a befitting reply to Pakistan.
Recommended For You
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- MORE THE MERRIERFIFA President Infantino Backs 48-Team World Cup
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker