DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
HI ropes in scientific advisor for senior women's team
Hockey India appointed Matthew Tredrea, who has previously worked with Australian Rugby League, as the scientific advisor of the senior women's team.
New Delhi: With an aim to make the side physically and mentally fit, Hockey India on Tuesday appointed Matthew Tredrea as the scientific advisor of the senior women's team.
Before being appointed with the Indian women's hockey team, the 26-year-old Matthew worked with the Australian professional Rugby League club, Newcastle Knights for almost two years as the assistant strength and conditioning Coach.
Matthew has also worked on different assignments as the strength and conditioning coach of the Australian Rugby League Development and CSHS Rugby League Programs.
HI secretary general Narinder Batra said Matthew's appointment is an important step towards ensuring proper fitness level of the national women team. "Our senior and junior teams are preparing for important tournaments like the FIH World League Round 3 (Qualifier for World Cup 2014) and 2013 Junior Women World Cup respectively.
"(Matthew) Tredrea will play key role in the physical and mental fitness of our players, as they prepare for these major tournaments," Batra said in a statement.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet