HI ropes in scientific advisor for senior women's team
Hockey India appointed Matthew Tredrea, who has previously worked with Australian Rugby League, as the scientific advisor of the senior women's team.
New Delhi: With an aim to make the side physically and mentally fit, Hockey India on Tuesday appointed Matthew Tredrea as the scientific advisor of the senior women's team.
Before being appointed with the Indian women's hockey team, the 26-year-old Matthew worked with the Australian professional Rugby League club, Newcastle Knights for almost two years as the assistant strength and conditioning Coach.
Matthew has also worked on different assignments as the strength and conditioning coach of the Australian Rugby League Development and CSHS Rugby League Programs.
HI secretary general Narinder Batra said Matthew's appointment is an important step towards ensuring proper fitness level of the national women team. "Our senior and junior teams are preparing for important tournaments like the FIH World League Round 3 (Qualifier for World Cup 2014) and 2013 Junior Women World Cup respectively.
"(Matthew) Tredrea will play key role in the physical and mental fitness of our players, as they prepare for these major tournaments," Batra said in a statement.
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Google to Provide Public Wi-Fi Hotspots in Malls, Universities in India
- Happy Birthday! Google is Now an Adult
- BCCI Has Been Unfair to Pakistan, Says Mudassar Nazar
- Pakistani Comedian's Take On Why India-Pakistan Should Not Go To War Is A Must Read
- Jeep Compass SUV Unveiled, India Launch in 2017
- LeT Joins Hands With ISIS To Infiltrate Subcontinent