Highlights: Facebook unveils the new look for News Feed
The concept of multiple feeds is believed to give users more control over the stories and posts appearing on their News Feed.
New Delhi: Facebook on Thursday unveiled the new look for its New Feed. The new News Feed looks clean, but it will be interesting to see the reactions of users. Facebook has announced the rollout of the new Facebook News Feed starting today. Here are some highlights of the event:
- "We wish to give everyone in the world the best personalised newspaper," said Mark Zuckerberg, CEO, Facebook. Zuckerberg showed the evolution of the Facebook News Feed during the event.
- Rich stories (visual and engaging), your choice of any feed and a mobile-inspired Facebook UI. These are the three things that define the new Facebook News Feed, Zuckerberg said.
- In the new Facebook redesign photos take the centrestage. Photo albums also get a major facelift.
- The new News Feed has content-specific feeds based on various categories such as photos, music and others.
- The concept of multiple feeds is believed to give users more control over the stories and posts appearing on their News Feed.
- The inspiration behind the new Facebook redesign is the print medium - newspapers and magazines.
- Your profile picture becomes bigger in the new Facebook redesign.
- In the new News Feed, the number of mutual friends will be visible on the cover image.
- New Facebook redesign gives more prominence to places. Your friends will be less likely to miss where you have been.
- The profile picture of all your friends sharing a particular post will appear to the left of that particular post.
- "Take all these stories and you get a richer and simpler Facebook News Feed," said a Facebook executive.
- 35 per cent of users on the web cannot view the chat bar because their displays are not wide enough. Now they will be able to.