Hillary Clinton to charge $ 200,000 for a speech
Notably Hillary clinton's salary as the Secretary of State, which she relinquished less than a month ago was $186,000.
Washington: Former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has signed up for speaking circuit and will charge a whooping $200,000 per speaking appearance, making her one of the highest paid public figures on such appearances. Notably her salary as the US Secretary of State, which she relinquished less than a month ago was $186,000.
"Now that she's out as Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton isn't going to be hurting for money, thanks to speaking fees of more $200,000 per speaking appearance, according to a source familiar with the situation," Buzzfeed reported. Clinton will be represented by the New York-based Harry Walker agency, which also represents her husband Bill Clinton, the former US President.
According to CNN, Clinton gave 471 paid speeches during his 11 years as a private citizen and raked in an average of $1,89,000 per event - joining the speaking industry's rarefied six-figure circle occupied by Arnold Schwarzenegger, Al Gore, Dick Cheney and Sarah Palin.
Clinton, however, according to Politico, will do some speeches pro bono, particularly those for the charities and causes she champions. She will also be involved in non-profit works.
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock For Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now