Himachal govt announces slew of measures for labourers
The state government also increased financial assistance to next of kin of the labourers, in case of his death, from Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 lakh.
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh government on Wednesday announced to construct four hostels for labourers and increased their medical reimbursement allowance from Rs 1,000 to Rs 5,000 per year. "The hostels would be constructed at a cost of Rs 10 crore," Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh announced at May Day rally at Tahliwal in Una on Wednesday.
"Labour laws are being strictly implemented, government has taken effective steps to provide better residential accommodation and health facilities to labour.
"We have enhanced the medical reimbursement allowance of labourers from Rs 1,000 to Rs 5,000 per year besides increasing the financial assistance for education upto two children, from Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000," the Chief Minister said.
The state government also increased financial assistance to next of kin of the labourers, in case of his death, from Rs 50,000 to Rs one lakh, Singh said.
The chief minister said that the government will give Skill Development Allowance to unemployed educated youth. "5,000 labourers, working in building and construction works, alongwith their dependents, would be imparted skill development training this year," he said.
Singh announced that a new industrial area will be developed in Una district and a Primary Heath Centre would be opened at Panjawar and labour hostel at Tahliwal/Bathu village.
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Jaguar F-Pace Launch in India on October 20, Price Starts at Rs 68.4 Lakh
- Russia Dismisses MH17 Findings as False, Politically-Motivated
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18