Himachal govt announces slew of measures for labourers
The state government also increased financial assistance to next of kin of the labourers, in case of his death, from Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 lakh.
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh government on Wednesday announced to construct four hostels for labourers and increased their medical reimbursement allowance from Rs 1,000 to Rs 5,000 per year. "The hostels would be constructed at a cost of Rs 10 crore," Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh announced at May Day rally at Tahliwal in Una on Wednesday.
"Labour laws are being strictly implemented, government has taken effective steps to provide better residential accommodation and health facilities to labour.
"We have enhanced the medical reimbursement allowance of labourers from Rs 1,000 to Rs 5,000 per year besides increasing the financial assistance for education upto two children, from Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000," the Chief Minister said.
The state government also increased financial assistance to next of kin of the labourers, in case of his death, from Rs 50,000 to Rs one lakh, Singh said.
The chief minister said that the government will give Skill Development Allowance to unemployed educated youth. "5,000 labourers, working in building and construction works, alongwith their dependents, would be imparted skill development training this year," he said.
Singh announced that a new industrial area will be developed in Una district and a Primary Heath Centre would be opened at Panjawar and labour hostel at Tahliwal/Bathu village.
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18