DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Himachal to seek timely completion of rail projects
State Chief Secretary Sudripta Roy and Railway Board chairman Arunendra Kumar will discuss strengthening of the rail network.
Shimla: Top officials of Himachal Pradesh and the Indian Railways will meet Saturday in Delhi to discuss modalities about the execution of railway projects in the hill state, a statement said here Friday.
State Chief Secretary Sudripta Roy and Railway Board chairman Arunendra Kumar will discuss strengthening of the rail network and expediting ongoing projects in the state, the statement said.
A decision in this regard was taken at a meeting between Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge in New Delhi.
Virbhadra Singh has offered to bear 25 percent of the total cost of Bilaspur-Bhanupalli-Beri broad gauge railway line and also offered free government land for rail alignments, it said.
He also offered to share the construction cost of new rail line connecting industrial town Baddi with a rail line.
The chief minister also sought adequate budgetary provision for timely completion of Nangal-Talwara-broad gauge line and for survey of Ghanaulli-Baddi-Paonta Sahib-Dehradun line.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes