Himmatwala: Amit Kumar to sing 'Naino Mein Sapna'
As the makers already had the rights to the song so they have retained first few lines from the original.
Mumbai: Legendary playback singer Kishore Kumar's son Amit will be crooning the iconic song 'Naino Mein Sapna' in the remake version of Jeetendra-Sridevi starrer 'Himmatwala'. Director Sajid Khan got Amit to re-record the chartbuster track in the new version of the film. Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore had lent their voices for the original song.
"We wanted to recreate the magic of 'Naino Mein Sapna' song. The original was sung by a legend for the male version..so we wanted someone who can do justice to the iconic song," Sajid told PTI.
"Amit's voice is too good. I feel no one except Amit could have sung 'Naino Mein Sapna'. He has sung exactly like Kishore Kumarji," he said.
Shreya Ghoshal was chosen for the female voice. As the makers already had the rights to the song so they have retained first few lines from the original. The music has been given by Sajid-Wajid.
'Himmatwala' is the remake of the yesteryear's superhit film with the same name, starring Jeetendra and Sridevi. The new one has Ajay Devgn and southern star Tamanna Bhatia playing the main leads.
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Timeline of Events That Led to the Present Crisis
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal Yadav, Three Other Ministers From Cabinet
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh