'Himmatwala' earns Rs 12 crore on the opening day
If trade pundits are to be believed then the film is doing good business at single screens and is performing below average at multiplexes.
New Delhi: Director Sajid Khan's 'Himmatwala' has collected Rs 12 crore on the first day. Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweets, "#Himmatwala Fri 12 cr. Very good at single screens, low at plexes."
The film opened to mostly average reviews despite being hugely promoted. The film stars Ajay Devgn and Tamannaah in the lead roles while Paresh Rawal and Mahesh Manjrekar have been featured in key roles.
Sajid Khan's film is a remake of 1983's superhit film of the same name, which was directed by K Raghavendra Rao.
Sonakshi Sinha has done a special appearance in the film while five new actresses have performed in the song 'Dhoka dhoka' in 'Himmatwala'.
The critics have given their verdict and now it's the audience which will decide the film's fate at the box office.
- Dangal Trailer: Aamir Khan's Film Is All Set to Challenge Gender Stereotypes
- Delhi Zoo Shuts Down Amid Bird Flu Scare
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Amitabh Bachchan Celebrates His Birthday With the Team of Pink
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 3: Whose Side is Swami Om on? Sevaks or Maliks?
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Bigg Boss, Day 2: The First Task Of the Season Brings Insecurities Inside The House
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away