'Himmatwala' earns Rs 12 crore on the opening day
If trade pundits are to be believed then the film is doing good business at single screens and is performing below average at multiplexes.
New Delhi: Director Sajid Khan's 'Himmatwala' has collected Rs 12 crore on the first day. Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweets, "#Himmatwala Fri 12 cr. Very good at single screens, low at plexes."
The film opened to mostly average reviews despite being hugely promoted. The film stars Ajay Devgn and Tamannaah in the lead roles while Paresh Rawal and Mahesh Manjrekar have been featured in key roles.
Sajid Khan's film is a remake of 1983's superhit film of the same name, which was directed by K Raghavendra Rao.
Sonakshi Sinha has done a special appearance in the film while five new actresses have performed in the song 'Dhoka dhoka' in 'Himmatwala'.
The critics have given their verdict and now it's the audience which will decide the film's fate at the box office.
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
- Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Won't Be Screened In Pakistan
- 10 Steps India Took Post Uri Terror Attack to Expose and Isolate Pakistan
- India's Claim of Surgical Strikes 'Fabrication of Truth': Pakistan
- Don't Take Our Peaceful Intent for Weakness: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army Avenges Uri With Surgical Strikes Across LoC, Pakistan Denies