Hindu Commander of Hizbul Killed in Jammu
Hindus started joining the militant movement primarily to save their community from terror attacks.
Jammu: The Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist killed in Jammu and Kashmir's Kishtwar district has been identified as Subash alias Wasif, a Hindu member of the militant group, an army spokesperson said on Wednesday.
Police had said on Tuesday that the Hizbul commander killed after a gunfight in the forests of Kishtwar, about 210 km from in Jammu, was district commander Sajjad Ahmad alias Mohammad Rizwan.
However, the real identity was discovered after the body was brought down to Kishtwar town, the spokesperson said.
"The terrorist was tehsil commander of the Hizbul Mujahideen Subash alias Wasif," the spokesperson said.
Subash, he said, had joined the militant outfit more than 10 years ago.
Hindus started joining the militant movement in the mountainous Doda, Kishtwar, Rajouri and Poonch areas in Jammu region, primarily to save their community from terror attacks. Some were also lured by money and the power of the gun, according to police sources.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology