DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Hindu religious leader arrested for hate speech
Bharati has served as president of a Hindu committee fighting for the protection of Hindu temples.
Hyderabad: Police in Hyderabad Monday arrested spiritual leader Swami Kamlananda Bharati for allegedly making a hate speech against Muslims. The police arrested him in Srisailam, about 250 km from Hyderabad. He is being brought to Hyderabad, police said.
Two cases were booked against him by the police in two police stations in the old city. Bharati has served as president of Hindu Devalaya Parirakshana Samithi, a committee fighting for the protection of Hindu temples.
He was arrested for allegedly making offensive remarks at a rally in Hyderabad January 8. The rally was organised to condemn the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader Akbaruddin Owaisi's hate speech against Hindus. Owaisi was arrested last week.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Suffering from Fever, Says Reports
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users