Two-time DU topper commits suicide in Hindu College hostel
The police, who have recovered a suicide note, say the student has not blamed anyone for his death.
New Delhi: A first year student of the Hindu College of Delhi University has committed suicide inside the hostel of the institution. The victim was a first-year student of Masters of Arts in Hindi.
The police have recovered a suicide note, allegedly written by the student. According to the police, the student has not blamed anyone for his death. The student, Shashi Shekhar Mishra, was a two-time Delhi University topper.
"Shashi Shekhar, hailing from Bihar's Nalanda district, was staying alone in room number 112 of Hindu College hostel on the university campus. He was found hanging by some of the inmates of the hostel around 9.30 am today (Friday) and they immediately informed the warden," Deputy Commissioner of Police (North), Sindhu Pillai told IANS.
According to the police, the body has been sent for post-mortem to Bara Hindu Rao Hospital in north Delhi. His family members have been informed. "A class lecture notebook has been recovered from Shekhar's room. On one of the pages he has written - 'This is my life'," Pillai said. "We are investigating from all possible angles," the police official added.
(With additional information from IANS)
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"