Two-time DU topper commits suicide in Hindu College hostel
The police, who have recovered a suicide note, say the student has not blamed anyone for his death.
New Delhi: A first year student of the Hindu College of Delhi University has committed suicide inside the hostel of the institution. The victim was a first-year student of Masters of Arts in Hindi.
The police have recovered a suicide note, allegedly written by the student. According to the police, the student has not blamed anyone for his death. The student, Shashi Shekhar Mishra, was a two-time Delhi University topper.
"Shashi Shekhar, hailing from Bihar's Nalanda district, was staying alone in room number 112 of Hindu College hostel on the university campus. He was found hanging by some of the inmates of the hostel around 9.30 am today (Friday) and they immediately informed the warden," Deputy Commissioner of Police (North), Sindhu Pillai told IANS.
According to the police, the body has been sent for post-mortem to Bara Hindu Rao Hospital in north Delhi. His family members have been informed. "A class lecture notebook has been recovered from Shekhar's room. On one of the pages he has written - 'This is my life'," Pillai said. "We are investigating from all possible angles," the police official added.
(With additional information from IANS)
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock