Hindus protest in Pak against kidnappings
Pakistan's minority Hindus protested outside Balochistan provincial assembly in Quetta.
Karachi: Pakistan's minority Hindus protested outside Balochistan provincial assembly in Quetta against increasing incidents of abduction of community members for ransom in the province, close on the heels of a young trader's murder after his family failed to pay money to his kidnappers.
The Hindus staged the protest on Friday after marching through different parts of the city, a month after organising similar rallies in Sindh following the killing of three Hindu doctors in Shikarpur district there.
"We are fed up with the increasing incidents of kidnapping for ransom of our community members and the shameful thing is the authorities don't cooperate or listen to our woes," Mohan Chand, a member of the local Hindu Panchayat, said.
The protesters in the city, including children, carried placards and banners inscribed with slogans demanding protection from criminals.
The Hindus' protest in Balochistan came after the killing of Ravi Kumar, a young trader whose bullet-riddled body was found in Quetta after his family failed to pay the ransom money to his abductors.
The members of the Hindu community raised slogans against the government for its failure to protect the minority communities.
Provincial Minister for Minorities Basant Lal Gulshan and Minister for Revenue Zamurkh Khan Achakzai addressed the protesting Hindus and tried to pacify them.
Achakzai said the law enforcing agencies were constantly striving against the kidnapping gangs operating in Quetta and other parts of the province.
"Police have booked many suspects and also carrying out raids in different localities, including Saryab and Pashtunabad areas of Quetta. Soon, the criminals will be brought to book," he ensured.
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills