DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Khap panchayat forces couple to live as siblings
The couple's families claimed that the police did not register their complaint despite several visits to the police station.
Hisar: A Khap panchayat in Haryana's Hisar district has reportedly forced a couple to live as siblings. The couple has been married for over a year. Their families alleged harassment and extortion by the village head.
The families claimed that the police did not register their complaint despite several visits to the police station.
Khap panchayats are notorious for their bizarre orders and rulings, inviting even the wrath of the Supreme Court, that in April 2011 declared them illegal.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics