Khap panchayat forces couple to live as siblings
The couple's families claimed that the police did not register their complaint despite several visits to the police station.
Hisar: A Khap panchayat in Haryana's Hisar district has reportedly forced a couple to live as siblings. The couple has been married for over a year. Their families alleged harassment and extortion by the village head.
The families claimed that the police did not register their complaint despite several visits to the police station.
Khap panchayats are notorious for their bizarre orders and rulings, inviting even the wrath of the Supreme Court, that in April 2011 declared them illegal.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul