Gujarat: Hitachi plant gutted in fire
The fire gutted about 60-70 pc of the plant and is said to have caused a loss of Rs 100 crore.
New Delhi: A major fire broke out at a Hitachi plant in Ahmedabad on Thursday morning. The fire gutted about 60-70 per cent of the plant that is located in Karan Nagar area, about an hour from the capital.
The loss is estimated to be at around Rs 100 crore. Eye witnesses said that the flames could be seen more than six kilometres away.
Around 20 fire tenders were rushed to the spot from three different locations.
The company said in a regulatory filing that there had been no human casualty.
"Last night there was a major fire at Unit No. 2 at Kadi Plant, Gujarat, and due to which it has become non-operational," the company said.
Hitachi Home & Life further added that the company has taken adequate insurance of the plant. Meanwhile, the unit No 1 at Kadi Plant and the company's Jammu Plant are 'operational'.
The company's stock fell as much as 19.10 per cent to Rs 102.50 in morning trade on bourses. On Wednesday, the company's share price at the BSE closed at Rs 126.70.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic Stunned by Denis Istomin
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Officially Launched in India At a Starting Price of Rs 9,999
- After Vin Diesel, Deepika Padukone Makes James Corden Do 'Lungi Dance', Watch Videos
- Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: Shillong Choir, Gulzar Make Inaugural Session Memorable
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment