2 terrorists arrested in Himachal
A Chinese pistol was recovered from their possession and the terrorists were being interrogated by the police.
Shimla: Two suspected Hizbul Mujahideen terrorists, masquerading as labourers, were arrested by the Himachal Pradesh Police in Kotla area in Kangra district of the hill state in the wee hours today.
The two, hailing from Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, were identified as Jameed Ahmed, aged 35 years, and 20-year-old Gulam Nabi, ADGP (CID) ID Bhandari said.
The two ultras were posing as labourers when they were caught by the police at Kotla in Nurpur sub-division, he said.
They came to Himachal Pradesh last month and planned to stay in the state till April next year, he said.
A Chinese pistol was recovered from their possession, the ADGP said adding the terrorists were being interrogated by a joint team of Himachal and Jammu and Kashmir Police.
Jameed was suspected to be the district commander of Hizbul Mujahideen in Doda while Nabi was his associate, he said.
Both of them tried to conceal their identities and tried to mislead police by giving wrong names and addresses, the ADGP said.
A case had been registered against them under various sections of the IPC and the Arms Act, he said.
Security has been beefed up in the hill state in the wake of the arrest of two suspected terrorists.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System