Hoax call death: We are shattered, say nurse's children
In a tribute read out at the service, the children described Jacintha as "kind-hearted, generous and well-respected".
London: "We are shattered and there's an unfillable void in our lives," said the children of Indian-origin nurse Jacintha Saldanha, who was found dead after she was duped by a prank call to the hospital treating the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge. Jacintha, 46, a mother of two from Bristol, was found hanging on December 7.
Her children have described the "unfillable void" she has left, reported BBC on Saturday. Her husband, Benedict, daughter Lisha, 14, and son Junal, 16, attended mass at Westminster Cathedral. In a joint tribute, the children said: "We are shattered and there's an unfillable void in our lives."
"The house is an empty dwelling without your presence," they added. Jacintha had answered a call on December 4 from two Australian DJs pretending to be the Queen and the Prince of Wales wanting to speak to the pregnant duchess who was at that time under treatment for acute morning sickness.
In a tribute read out at the service, the children described Jacintha as "kind-hearted, generous and well-respected". They said: "Your priority for us was a good education and a bright future. You taught us right from wrong which we appreciate. You worked tirelessly to give us everything that we have today."
Benedict said: "I feel a part of me has been ripped out. "Without your beautiful smile and sparkling personality, the house is an empty place to live. Nineteen years of togetherness with a strong bond of affection and understanding will be cherished forever in my life. Your loss is a very painful one and nobody can take that place in my life ever again. I love you and miss you forever."
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- Don't put Indo-Pak in Same Group of International Tournaments: BCCI
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher