Hoax triggers 'RIP Jackie Chan' tweets
The 56-year-old popular actor, Jackie Chan has become the latest victim of Twitter death hoax.
New Delhi: The 56-year-old popular Hong-Kong actor, Jackie Chan has become the latest victim of Twitter death hoax. "RIP Jackie Chan" has been one of the top trending topics on Twitter and Google all day today.
Apparently a fake report filed fake CNN article put together by the owner of a blog called Skiphopz triggered off the rumours.
The article was put together using an online, free anonymous service, which allows users to just paste HTML code and recreate a webpage without having to host it.
The article, which was entitled "Jackie Chan Dies Of Heart Attack", sparked off the rumour which led to flood RIP messages for Jackie Chan.
Not too long ago a tweet paying homage to former President of India APJ Abdul Kalam had sparked rumours of his death.
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit