DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Hockey blues: Indian women fail in Olympic qualifier
US beats team 0-4 in a qualifying tournament in Russia.
New Delhi: Stung by a bribery scandal, Indian hockey's bad days are far from over as after the men, the women's team also failed to qualify for the Beijing Olympics. They were thrashed 0-4 by the US in a qualifying tournament in Russia on Thursday.
It was the third successive defeat in the tournament for the team after going down 1-2 to the Netherlands Antilles and 2-3 to Belgium despite starting with a 3-1 win over hosts Russia, according to the information received here.
The loss at Kazan left with them with just three points from four matches and with just one match left against France on Saturday, India's dream to qualify for the Beijing Games is over.
Tiffany Snow (29th), Kelly Doton (38th), Angela Loy (45th) and Carrie Lingo (48th) were on target for the US, who led led 1-0 at half-time.
The US, with a perfect record of four wins from four outings are almost sure for a place in the summit clash.
Belgium and the Netherlands Antilles are likely to fight for the other spot in the title-decider.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Video - Remembering Nicky Hayden, the Nicest Man in Grand Prix Racing
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- An Opportunity For Manchester United To Provide Healing Touch to Their City