MP CM takes U-turn on cash awards
Chauhan says he had announced Rs 1 lakh per goal for the whole team.
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Sivraj Singh Chauhan has done a U-turn on his cash award offer to goal scoring Indian hockey players.
He now says he had announced Rs 1 lakh per goal for the whole team, and not for individual players who hit the goals. It means if Indian team scores 20 goals in the World Cup, Rs 20 lakh will go to the team and not to individuals.
Chauhan had come in for severe criticism after he announced that those who hit goals in the ongoing Hockey World Cup will be rewarded.
Experts including Harsha Bhogle criticided him, saying hockey being a team game, the whole team should get the credit.
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan