MP CM takes U-turn on cash awards
Chauhan says he had announced Rs 1 lakh per goal for the whole team.
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Sivraj Singh Chauhan has done a U-turn on his cash award offer to goal scoring Indian hockey players.
He now says he had announced Rs 1 lakh per goal for the whole team, and not for individual players who hit the goals. It means if Indian team scores 20 goals in the World Cup, Rs 20 lakh will go to the team and not to individuals.
Chauhan had come in for severe criticism after he announced that those who hit goals in the ongoing Hockey World Cup will be rewarded.
Experts including Harsha Bhogle criticided him, saying hockey being a team game, the whole team should get the credit.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1