Hockey India inducts CRPF as associate member
CRPF hockey team has participated in the All India Police Games and some major Indian tournaments.
New Delhi: Hockey India on Wednesday inducted Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) as an associate member and it can take part in all the national championships in future.
Hockey India now has 13 associate members with 29 affiliated members and two state Olympic association members. CRPF hockey team has participated in the All India Police Games and some major Indian tournaments like Nehru Cup Hockey tournament, Surjit Singh Memorial Hockey tournament and Beighton Cup.
"The Police Services have contributed immensely in the development and promotion of Indian hockey. With CRPF becoming an associate member, it will provide hockey players with job opportunities and showcase their talent through CRPF. I welcome CRPF for their entry into Hockey India," Narinder Batra, Secretary General, Hockey India said.
Vivek Dube (IPS), (ADG, Training) is the President and Khajan Singh Tokas (DIG) is the Secretary General of CRPF.
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Delhi Zoo Shuts Down Amid Bird Flu Scare
- Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai's Scorching Chemistry Will Make Your Jaws Drop
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Dalit Boy Whose Video Went Viral Says Was Thrashed Because of Good Grades
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18