Hockey: Indian women go down to Scotland 0-4 in Champions Challenge 1
The Indian women's team had earlier lost 2-4 to Korea in their opening Pool A match.
Glasgow: India women's hockey team lost 0-4 to Scotland to slump to their second consecutive defeat in the Champions Challenge 1 at the Glasgow National Hockey Centre.
The Indian women's team had earlier lost 2-4 to Korea in their opening Pool A match. India will next play Belgium on Wednesday.
Scotland made a confident start last night and proved to be dominating force from the beginning of the game, winning a penalty corner in the fourth minute but failed to convert the same.
The Indian women's team defended stoutly for most part of the opening half. It took the hosts 30th minute to break the deadlock through a field goal from Nikki Kidd.
Soon Scotland doubled their lead when Emily Maguire scored another field goal in the 33rd minute.
Scotland scored two more goals after the crossover through Vikki Bunce (41st) and Becky Ward (66th) to register the comfortable victory.
- Samajwadi Party is United, No Rift Family: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Salman Khan's Recent Photo With Nephew Ahil is Just Too Heart-warming
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand