Hollywood films on TV in Hindi and Telugu now
UTV has entered into a deal with Warner Bros. International Television Distribution.
Mumbai: UTV has entered into a deal with Warner Bros. International Television Distribution to bring popular Hollywood movies dubbed in Hindi and Telugu on the small screen.
Through the exclusive long-term telecast rights deal, the company's primary action movie channels UTV Action and UTV Action Telugu - will have access to 60 and 50 titles a year respectively from the Warner Bros. library, Sameer Ganapathy, Business Head, UTV Action and UTV Action Telugu, told PTI.
The channels will enhance their movie banks with blockbusters like The Lord of the Rings, The Dark Knight, Shoot Them Up, Cradle to The Grave, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Blue Sea, Golden Compass, Get Smart, Jason X
and many more, he said.
Ganapathy said the acquisitions of Warner Brothers titles is a long term exclusive first showcase deal for Hindi dubs for the Hollywood studio's action titles. The deal follows the company's tie-up with Sony Pictures which allows UTV Action to premiere latest movies, a month before their Indian television Premiere, he said. UTV Action was launched in January, 2010.
The channel showcases Hollywood action movies dubbed in Hindi while UTV Action Telugu was launched in June, 2011 to bring Hollywood content in Telugu. UTV Action has established itself as India's premiere Hollywood action destination and biggest male destination on TV. Consumers love the brand and the content offering and our trade has seen a tremendous value in the channel especially
when targeting the 15+ male audience, Ganapathy said.
As for UTV Action Telugu, it has been well-received and we expect it to grow week on week, he said. Competitors are already realising the value of action
content and have started showcasing more action movies. Our clear positioning meanwhile makes it easy for us to attract the right audience, he added.
- Pakistan Needs To Stop Terror From Its Soil: B'desh Envoy
- UN Should Consider Declaring Pakistan a Terror State: Bangladesh Envoy
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street
- SAARC: After India, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh Pull Out of Summit
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Lata Mangeshkar Requests Fans to Donate for Soldiers on Her Birthday