DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Home guards deployed in DTC night service buses
The decision was a part of Delhi government's measures to enchance security of women in buses.
New Delhi: In the backdrop of gangrape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus, Delhi government on Thursday began deploying home guards in 89 Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) night service buses. These 89 buses will cover almost all parts of the city and run between 11 pm and 5am.
The deployment started at a function attended by Transport Minister Ramakant Goswami. "All the 89 buses, each having a home guard on board, started operation from tonight," a senior transport department official said.
The decision came a day after Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit in a meeting with Goswami and other officials decided to deploy home guards and to increase the services of night buses from existing 42 to 89.
The decision was a part of Delhi government's measures to enchance security of women in buses. DTC operates a fleet of around 6,000 buses.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar