Home victory would be sensational: Webber
Webber's best finish at the Albert Park here has been fourth place which he achieved last year.
Melbourne: Australian Formula 1 driver Mark Webber thinks that winning his home Grand Prix on Sunday would be sensational. Webber's best finish at the Albert Park here has been fourth place which he achieved last year. With Red Bull expected to be challenging for victory this weekend, Webber admitted that it would a special race to win.
"Any grand prix victory is special. I'm lucky to have had that feeling a few times now which is great. Aside from Monaco, the British Grand Prix, those very prestigious races, this is for sure up there in the top three of events a driver wants to win. Your home grand prix is for sure very, very special so it would be a sensational feeling to be able to do it," Webber was quoted by ESPN Thursday.
"It's just great to come to Australia at any stage let alone for a race so we're all looking forward to finally getting racing," said the 36-year-old, who finished third in the drivers' championship twice in 2010 and 2011.
The 2013 Formula 1 season kicks off this weekend here at the Australian Grand Prix.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone