Aamir: Killing of SMJ participant 'disturbing'
The couple, who married against the wishes of their parents, had featured on 'Satyamev Jayate'.
Bulandshahr: Actor Aamir Khan, the former host of the popular television series 'Satyamev Jayate', has expressed his grief on the suspected honour killing of one of the participants of the show in Uttar Pradesh's Bulandshahr.
"Disturbing and unfortunate incident. Will speak to the government authorities in UP to help and ensure the family is safe. The culprits must be brought to the book. The case is registered on the basis of right facts," Khan said about the killing of Abdul Hakim.
The 28-year-old man was killed earlier this week in Bulandshahr and his wife claims her family was behind the murder. Speaking to CNN-IBN, she also said that she feared for her life. "They have killed my husband, they will kill me now. I am 9 months pregnant. My husband would have been alive if police protection was provided," the woman, Mehwish, said. But the police have dismissed her theory saying it was the outcome of a personal feud.
The couple, who married against the wishes of their parents, had featured on an episode of Khan's television show 'Satyamev Jayate'.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers