Honour killing: Father arrested for shooting daughter
During the interrogation held on Monday, Surajmal confessed to have killed Meenakshi for tarnishing the family's name.
Muzaffarnagar: A month after a girl was found dead, police has claimed to crack the case by arresting her father for killing her for 'honour' in Nasirpur village here.
21-year-old Meenakshi was in a relationship with a boy of the same village and wanted to marry him, but her father Surajmal was against it, said SSP Manjil Saini. Following a heated argument on March 17, 2013, Surajmal shot dead his daughter.
During the interrogation held on Monday, Surajmal confessed to have killed Meenakshi for tarnishing the family's name, she said. He has been arrested in connection with the case.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century